With Acumatica 2018 R2 now available, we’re excited for our users to experience the upgrades delivered by this latest release. A cross-section of the Acumatica team has been making its way across the U.S., unveiling the significant enhancements during our Acumatica Launch Event Series. The series kicked off in Boston on September 12th and continued throughout October.
Here are the specific enhancements to our xRP platform and technology:
- The push notification upgrade was demonstrated during the launch events. The demonstration highlighted how the push to mobile notification is based on a “business event”. For example, a sales’ representative would be notified if an opportunity in CRM has been assigned to him or her. The representative can then swipe the notification and see the details.
- New pop up notes further increase your productivity and usability in working with documents, customers, vendors, and items. For example, a Purchasing Manager who sees that a vendor’s contract is up for renewal can put a note on the vendor’s record. The note will pop up when a user is about to purchase from that vendor.
- Improved navigation between companies and branches will increase usability and productivity for customers with multiple entities.
- Reporting now allows the use of pivot tables for Generic Inquiries.
- You can also add a side panel to Generic Inquiries to show the details of specific records in an inquiry using the same screen. This means the user can elect to display other screens or dashboards in a new window on the right side of the transaction screen; the panel can display the customer record, the sales rep’s record, and even a customer dashboard. The user can select any one of them and update the information without leaving the original transaction screen.
- And for those who create and distribute regular “reporting packages,” the new release allows you to string reports together by creating multiple reports and merging them into a single package before sending them as an HTML or PDF file.
- Finally, user-defined creation enhancements allow the addition of attributes, such as prospect’s industry or mailing date of an invoice. This occurs in real-time on a screen.
“We have stepped in to fill a void that is not being met by larger, less nimble competitors,” Acumatica CEO Jon Roskill said in the Acumatica 2018 R2 press release.
Want to learn more about Acumatica 2018 R2? Contact us now!